Friday, January 8, 2016

Good News and Bad News...

Hello everyone! I have some news to share with you; some good news and some bad news...Which do you want to hear first? The bad news? Okay, the bad news is: I can no longer have fish. Yeah, that's a bummer; I love fish! Well, loved fish our relationship is now over. Now for the good news! Are you ready? The good news is... wait for it... I can no longer have fish! Okay, so that doesn't seem to be the best news in the world for me, but it is, and I will tell you why. After dealing with EoE for 5 years I am finally able to eat without choking, and it is because I have not had fish for the las 2.5 months. After my EoE diagnosis my GI doctor suggested that I go on a six food elemination diet, whic has been found to be helpful for people with EoE. The foods that are listed that should be avoided are: dairy (milk, cheese, etc), egg, wheat, soy, peanuts/treenuts, and seafood (fish/shellfish). Now, because of my current allergies, I was already avoiding most of the foods on this list, everything but fish of course, but now that fish is "off the menu" I have noticed that I am no longer having trouble eating. If anyone out there has been struggling with EoE, or anything like it you may want to give the six food elimination diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment