Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Stir-fry (soy-free)

Hello guys! I have been eating chicken for over a month now, with only a momentary break for a bit of ground turkey, and I have another chicken dish for ya! This dish came from watching my sister make fried rice Tuesday night. Gosh, it looked good, but 1.) I am allergic to eggs, and 2.) I don't like eggs, so I decided to make my own little rice-based dish loaded with things that I can both have and love: ginger, onions, and garlic. By the way, this is a great way to use up any kind of leftover meat. Ready? Let's begin!

What you need:

1 cup Shredded leftover chicken (you can use white or dark meat)
1/2 red onion sliced
1/2 large white onion
1/2 bell pepper cubed
6 large broccoli florets (broken up)
6 garlic cloves peeled and thinly sliced
1 carrot shredded
1 Tbsp Ground Ginger (you can use less, I like ginger)
1/8 cup water

First, you need to prep your vegetables (sorry guys, I did the pepper after I took the picture)
Then (of course) you need to saute your vegetables until they are soft, and a bit caramelized. Don't add the garlic yet or it will burn.
This is what you are looking for.

Add the chicken and the garlic, and saute for a few seconds (yes, I mean seconds). Add the water, this will help to soften the garlic. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve over rice, and enjoy! This will serve 3-4 people (or one person 3-4 times).


No comments:

Post a Comment