Saturday, April 4, 2015

Chocolate Fudge Sauce

Hey everyone! Easter is coming, and we all know that Easter means chocolate. Chocolate eggs, chocolate bunnies, chocolate treats of all kinds! Now I do not particularly care for chocolate (as I have mentioned before somewhere), but if I have to eat it, it needs to be milk chocolate, or it needs to be paired with mint if it's gonna be dark chocolate (I get it from my Dad, he and I love white chocolate). Anyway, I tried to make an allergy-free version of the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (I loved those! Oh, how I miss them...),  they turned out to be rather large and quite chocolaty. Not at all what I wanted, but maybe you guys will like it? I will post the recipe later, just in case. So I have been on the hunt for a milk chocolate recipe to use for my little creations. Good for me, I have found one to modify! Unfortunately, I need to do some experimenting to get it right; what I came up with though is almost just as good!


What you Need:

2/3 cup coconut oil
2 cups coco powder
2/3 cup room temp. coconut milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup hot (but not boiling) water
Start with the coco powder and the coconut oil (i think next time  I will use coconut cream)

Blend with a fork until fully incorporated and the consistency of a thick paste (sorry, forgot to take a picture of this step, but you guys get the point right?!)

Add the sugar, hot water and the milk and whisk until smooth
Pour into a container of your choosing and enjoy over brownies, ice cream, cake, or whatever floats your boat!
(It makes a lot more than this, I am using this one for another recipe)
Enjoy!

Update:

My sister (who, I might add, is a chocolate lover), says that this stuff is strong as coffee. So beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment