Sunday, August 2, 2015

Why Skinny Girl Big Plate?

When I initially started this blog, it was for the purpose of blogging about food that is allergy safe, and to some extent, sharing my own story of allergy. The name was nothing special, it did not mean much more than it said; I was (and still am) a skinny girl, and my portions are (were) rather large. If it had been any other situation it would have been titled accordingly (Fat Girl, Bitty Plate comes to mind... if I was a big girl on a weight loss journey), but now I have been thinking about what Skinny Girl, Big Plate really means to me, and for you, this is what I have come up with: The meaning of the blogs title is very symbolic (at least for me), the skinny girl is a realization of the restrictions that I/we must deal with in life, these restrictions are constricting, and not conducive of weight-gain (for that, I dare say some of us are glad). Yet, on the other hand, there is a big plate, which is the alternate reality of all of the possibilities that are available to me/us. Having multiple food allergies has forced me to look beyond the regular ingredients used in cooking and helped me to be creative. So, go ahead! Embrace your restrictions, and say "Hello!" to the world of possibilities that is now open to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment