Thursday, March 19, 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!

Okay, this is it. I have created my very first gluten, egg, dairy, nut, soy, and corn free cookie recipe (whew! that's a mouth full!)! And they contain chocolate chip too, extra yummy. It took me a while to figure this out (like mixing and baking one failed cookie at a time long time), but I have finally gotten something worth posting for you guys! And they taste pretty good to boot, let me tell you how to make them (in the process I forgot to take pictures until the end).


Aren't they just beautiful?

What you need:


1 1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup quinoa flour
1 tbs coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup truvia sugar blend
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup+3tbs  applesauce
1 cup coconut oil (I melted and cooled
 Large mixing bowl
Small mixing bowl
2 cups of allergy safe chocolate chips (I use these whenever I bake)

What you do:

Preheat oven to 350. In the large mixing bowl blend the first five ingredients together. These are considered to be the "dry" ingredients. In the small mixing bowl blend together the last four ingredients. These are the "wet" ingredients, why sugar is considered a wet ingredient I may never know.  Pour the contents of the small bowl into the large bowl and stir them together, the mixture will look very oily, but that's ok. Now it's time to pour in the chocolate chips! You can add more if you like, this is just a good starting point. Drop heaping or level tbs of the cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and press them out as thick or thin as you like them. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies are golden-brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy! 
My brother (who is not allergic to anything) said that they were not what he was used to, but good. I'll take that. I hope you guys like them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment