Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sweet Potato Chili

Hey everyone! Last week I posted that I was going to see if I can eat sweet potatoes. Good news! I can! I was so excited that I created this recipe the next day. Hope you enjoy!

:)

What you'll need:

1 14.5 oz Can of Black beans (or what ever bean you like)
1 Medium baked sweet potato
1 Onion chopped
1/2 a pound of ground beef
2 Tbs of chili powder (of course)

I always start with the onions. Go ahead and saute them until they are golden and soft...
In another pan, cook your ground beef until all the pink is gone, and add your drained beans. along with the chili seasoning. I forgot to take a picture of this, sorry.

Now it is time to add your sweet potato.

I peeled and cut up my potato and stirred it in a little at a time. I ended up using all of it though.

I know, you may be worrying that the flavor of the sweet potato will mess with the chili, but I promise, it won't. The sweet potato here is acting like tomato paste, and thickening our chili, the flavor is coming from the chili seasoning. See?


Add your onions

And you're done! this will feed about 2-3 people. Don't worry, it was good.


No comments:

Post a Comment